All students will be provided the necessary information, materials and technology to be competitive and successful in a local and global society. Mission Statement:
The mission of the Union School District, in harmony with our community, is to educate and empower students to become continuous learners in an environment which ensures that each student gains knowledge and skills, self-motivation and related positive attitudes necessary to compete equitably with peers locally and globally towards meaningful and productive lives. Shared Values:
The Union School District considers successful people to have common characteristics and values. The following are characteristics and values of successful people:
- Scholarship - Possession of knowledge gained by study; quality of learning and knowledge.
- Service - Conduct that is useful and helpful to others.
- Leadership - Ability to lead, guide or direct others.
- Character - All the qualities or features possessed dealing with moral strength, weakness or reputation.
- Trustworthiness - They keep promises, fulfill commitments, and abide by the spirit as well as the letter of an agreement.
- Loyalty - They support friends and their profession in good times and bad times on the basis of positive values.
- Respect - They treat other people fairly, with tolerance, acceptance, and equity.
- Compassion - They show compassion for the well being of others and their environment through acts of caring, generosity, kindness and service.
- Citizenship - They contribute to the well being of their communities (both locally and globally) as responsible citizens acting in positive and creative ways.
- Work Ethic - They strive for excellence, taking pride in their work, always giving their best efforts, persevering in spite of adversities, reflecting on the results of their efforts and applying what they've learned to new endeavors.
- Integrity - They understand, consider and respect the impact and consequences of personal actions and decisions.